[p-news] Compose talk and website news section

Paul Bone paul at plasmalang.org
Tue Sep 20 21:43:16 AEST 2016

Most people who follow Plasma are either on twitter or IRC, so you almost
certainly already know about this.  However I wanted to write about it so
that it appears in the mailing list archives.

Compose :: Melbourne video
--------------------------

You've probably heard by now that the video for the Compose :: Melbourne
talk is now online.  If you haven't then visit

http://plasmalang.org/2016/09/19/presentation-at-compose.html

I've also written an about page which uses some of my notes for the talk to
introduce Plasma and its goals and features, and a link to the talk and any
other publications.

http://plasmalang.org/about.html

News section on website
-----------------------

I've added a news section to the website http://plasmalang.org/news.html
including RSS and I'll try better to announce things there, on this mailing
list and on twitter at roughly the same time.

So what's the latest for Plasma development?

A couple of weeks ago I got basic match statements working (see
examples/fib.p).  So far they're only supported when all branches
ultimately return, none fall-through to execute code following the match.
Next I'll work on the case where all branches fall-through, and following
that I'll add the case where some fall-through and others do not.  At that
point I'll be able to tick this goal off the roadmap.

I think that as I tick each goal off the roadmap I'll make some kind of post
such as this.

Cheers.

--
Paul Bone